Once you have bought your house, you may feel a little bewildered at first, until you get used to the new culture, unfamiliar systems and meet your new neighbours and the local people (who will, by the way, welcome you with open arms and endless supplies of locally grown produce). We won't abandon you at this important stage. We will be there to help you integrate and get used to your new home and its surroundings. We may even be one of your new neighbours but, if not, we will always be close by for you.
We will help you with all aspects of daily life here in Italy, which may seem complicated and strange at first. Such as, payments of local taxes and utility bills required at the local post office, often accompanied by lengthy and unfamiliar forms. Even simple procedures, like arranging for your telephone line to be connected, can take some time, and can be difficult to arrange, especially if you are not here in Abruzzo. We can advise on all aspects of living here, even down to where to buy local wine and other produce.
For those of you who won't be living full-time in Abruzzo, we provide comprehensive property management services, with responsive communication by phone or email, a simple hourly charging structure, and regular written statements, we can be your vital link to your Italian property.
Typical services we provide include:
- Arranging connection of electricity, water, gas & telephone supply
- Monitoring the incoming post
- Payment of bills
- Payment of IMU (council tax) and other local taxes when due
- Ensuring propane gas tanks are kept topped up
- Arranging internet connections
- Translation services
- House Insurance
Cleaning, maintenance and ‘renting-out’ services
- "Changeover" laundering of towels & sheets
- Meeting guests, at the airport or at your property
- Turning on water, electricity & heating before you or your guests arrive
- Regular interior and exterior cleaning, for you or your guests
- Shopping for basic supplies, or specialist items
- Regular gardening & tidying
- Be a contact number for your guests in case of problems/emergencies, or any advice that they need
Repairs and renovations
- Interior and exterior decoration, carried out to our own high standards
- Plumbing, electrical, tiling & building work, carried out by our network of local craftsmen
- Getting quotations
- Translation and arranging meetings with local craftsmen
- "Chasing up" the contractors
- Ordering & collecting materials
- Being at the house to monitor the work
- Project management and progress reporting
- Payment of contractors
- Arranging Architect & Geometra services for major renovation projects, including translation and regular contact with the geometra or architect.
Whether you have chosen a property that just needs a lick of paint or a new bathroom, or you have decided to completely renovate a 'rustico' or buy a plot of land and build from scratch, you can put your trust in our team of local, competent and reliable craftsmen. We use local electricians, plumbers, builders and geometras, so that they are always on hand if you need them. Our recommended geometra has lived in our local town of Elice all his life and works for a local comune as well as having his own private company, with his wife, an architect. If you embark on a project, he will take time to understand your requirements, before drawing up the designs. He will present your project to the comune for approval and then oversee the whole restoration process, until the property is ready for you to enjoy. We work closely with him whilst you are not here, keeping you informed of progress and sending you photos.
If you are planning to move into your new home, or at least want to ship some items to it, we recommend a local company called 'Van2Europe'. They provide a door-to-door service across europe, from a full removal serivce, down to personal goods, towable items, bikes and scooters. www.van2europe.co.uk